On of my favourite breakfasts to enjoy at the weekend is Slimming World pancakes.
They are so simple to make, super filling and really power you up for a great day ahead.
Slimming World Pancakes
35g oats (HexB)
1 Muller Light yoghurt (I prefer the toffee flavour)
- In a bowl, gently whisk the eggs until the white and yolk are blended together
- Add the oats and stir to evenly combine
- Pour in the yoghurt and stir
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to medium heat and lightly spritz with an even coating of Fry Light
- Drop tablespoon measures of pancake mix into your pan
- Use the back of your spoon to smooth out into an even layer and shape
- Leave for 2 – 3 minutes
- Using a spatula, gently tease the edges of your pancake to loosen from the pan before flipping over
- Cook for a further minute until golden
- Serve and enjoy!
I love my pancakes served simply with fresh fruit and yoghurt – or sometimes I choose 100% pure maple syrup (3 syns for 6 teaspoons on Slimming World).
These are also great served with lean bacon and a softly-cooked poached egg on top!
You can use any flavour Muller Light yoghurt you wish, but I prefer the toffee variety. Not only does it look pancake-coloured and you are not left with some crazy pink creation, but it also have a very subtle taste that means you can add almost any topping you wish.
Oh, and don’t be tempted to poke and prod your pancakes whilst they are in the pan. You will end up with a scrambled mess!
- If you are cooking a batch of pancakes for the family, place your cooked pancakes on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and pop into a pre-heated oven (180C) for 2 minutes to warm through before before serving.
- Serve your maple syrup in an egg cup, that way it won’t soak through all your pancakes and will go a lot further
What is your favourite pancake topping?